May 14, 2011

My Saturday afternoon....

Today I was invited to go to the Antiques Mall with Ki, who I met through a class I took a few months ago.  It was great to finally meet her and funny to see her face when she heard me speak for the first time I realised I had an English accent - with a name like Fernandez she hadn't realized I was British :)  

I had a lovely time chatting away with her and strolling around the antiques stalls...so varied - treasures in amongst all the tacky junk!!  Over priced things in amongst $2 trinkets!  I found some Littlest Pet Shop toys for Abigail and some Ladybird books for Sam!!  I treated myself to three swans for my collection, a selection of old photographs for my art journals, including one of a young girl standing against a tree who looks remarkably like Susannah!  I found an old workbook for Abigail which looks a lot of fun!  



Ki 'admiring' some of the vintage clothing hahahaha...think this one would give me a migraine lol!! :


We were both going round taking pictures of creepy and rude objects we found:


And by creepy I mean CREEPY!!  There were heads and lifesized mannequins of children and adults everywhere you turned lol:



I thought this light fitting would look great in my mudroom:



This creepy mask was actually very interesting:



Such a great afternoon - thanks for the invite Ki!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails