Apr 22, 2012

Earth Day....

The weather today was just gorgeous! I slept with my window open all night so I could fall asleep listening to the frogs.  Bliss.
Today Susannah and I went to see a movie at lunch time - The Lucky One - and then after picking Laurence up from his friends house, we were home by late afternoon and still had several hours of sunshine and several hours before Sam and Abby were due back.  
Susannah and I did some yard work - cutting grass, tidying up the fire pit, demolishing the sandpit/ box,  sweeping up, picking up garbage....
Then we took Rosie for a walk all round the acreage and played fetch with her in the pond so she got tired out from swimming.  
I picked some Pussy Willow to go in a big jug in the hallway.  It looks so lovely - couldn't believe the prices at the farmers market yesterday!  People pay crazy amounts for some cuttings of Pussy Willow!  We have it growing everywhere!  










All in all, it was a fabulous day - still lots to do around the acreage, but we made a good start and it felt good to spend a few hours outside enjoying this little piece of Planet Earth that I am so lucky to have!!



Related Posts with Thumbnails