Jun 2, 2012

Monthly review - May.


What books and/or magazines did I read this month?    I have been reading an Art Journaling book from the library.  
What movies, television shows, plays, etc. did I watch this month?  I watched 'The Man Without A Face' last night.  I watched 'Back to the Future 2' and also 'The Wizard of Oz' with Sam.  Oh and on Wednesday I watched 'The Bridge to Terabithia' which was WONDERFUL!!
What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?  Where do I start???  Too many to list.  May was a completely FABULOUS month and I have so many memories of smiles and laughter.  A few that stand out are the funfair with Sam and Abby, Sitting on the deck at sunset with the three youngest - lanterns lit and cups of tea to hand - listening to Susannah play guitar and sing :)  Katies Crossing with Kaleigh and Ki...
What gifts did I give and/ or receive?   Mothers Day was more like 'Mothers Weekend' and I was completely spoiled and made to feel so incredibly loved.  The messages in the childrens cards were overwhelming.  The song Susannah wrote for me and sang with Laurence - so very touching and emotional :)  I felt very VERY lucky.  
As for giving gifts?  I gave quite a few...but I don't want to share that here.
What special or unusual purchases did I make?     I bought Dylusions for the first time and fell completely and utterly in love :)  They have transformed my art journaling.  I bought two ankle bracelets/ anklets - didn't think they were my kind of thing, but the two I got are soooo me and I just love them :)  Now I wear them every day :)  
What illnesses or health concerns did I have? I have been lucky to have been very healthy in May apart from a few migraines that were easily dealt with.  Too many people around me were not so lucky and I send healing thoughts to them - or to their loved ones xxx
What were my accomplishments this month?  I filled more than one and a half art journals.  I took part in the '29 Faces in May' challenge and stuck to it - managing to draw all 29 faces :)  I wrapped up my teen art journaling group.  Sad for it to end.  I restarted The Art House and have been overwhelmed by the support for it and for my passion!  I KNOW I'm doing the right thing :)
What were my disappointments this month?  I am sure there were several, but because I don't dwell on those things, I don't remember them either!
Anything else noteworthy to include?  May was a wonderful month with mainly gorgeous weather that made everyone feel so much better :)  Even the rainy days had perfect timing and were a joy to see!  I really have to say that when I think back on all we did and all the places we visited, we are incredibly lucky and blessed to have such a great life!  

Related Posts with Thumbnails