Jun 12, 2012

For today....

Outside My Window... today were blue skies and soft white fluffy clouds.  It was a gorgeous day.  24c and a light breeze!  Well needed after two full days of heavy rain!

I am thinking...about beginnings....focusing on the word and how it relates to my life - as part of a class I'm currently taking.  I will do a separate blog post about it :)  Our first (of seven) weeks is about how we are always at a beginning - of something.  Always. Also thinking of so many friends...so many people hurting right...illness, deaths, break-ups....just so many people I know are having a hard time.  Thinking of you all xxx

I am thankful for...my children, all of them.  And for having my firstborn back in my life :)  I miss him!!

From the kitchen...lots of prep of foods to go on the bbq - asparagus is popular with everyone right now.  Chamomile tea too :)  Oh and we swapped coffee tables and put the black one in the kitchen and the white one in the front craft room - and it looks fab!!!  Love the black one in its new place :)

I am wearing...a teal silk nighty.  I'm sat in bed.  It's 12:30am.

I am creating...coursework for several online classes, art journal pages based on Tarot cards picked by the creator of one of the classes, summer fun plans :)

I am going...to the park tomorrow for a picnic, then to a homeschool group in town.  Sam also wants to go to Dollarama as he has an urge to collect jumping beans and he says they sell them.  I suggested Michaels as I KNOW they do - but he insists on Dollarama - and I LOVE an excuse to go there :)  
I am reading...nothing right now...a few non fiction books, but there are a few books I really want to get!!

I am hoping...for good news about something important to me - tomorrow please!!!

I am hearing... frogs outside, coyotes, Rosie sounds thirsty....Laurence walking about downstairs - I love these noises - and they remind me how free I feel these days and how much less stress I have - and how we are free to enjoy our home without fear of upsetting anyone.  It is after midnight, and it doesn't matter that I am awake and tapping away on my keyboard - or that the light is on - or that the window is open with the noise from outside - or that Laurence may go up and down the stairs to get a drink or use the bathroom.  No one is moaning or snapping at me about being disturbed  - I am free to be me in my own home :)  I love it - I have a HUGE appreciation for freedom.  :)  I love that my kids can feel free and comfortable in their home.  No stress :)  9 years of having to tiptoe around someone is long enough :)

Around the house...we are all loving the deck, porch, barbecue....appreciating the views and quiet for our last Summer in this house.  We are decluttering the house.  The floors are constantly dirty and sticky because of children coming in and out barefoot from the yard - and wet dog prints....and dirty dog prints...and juice spills...and watermelon being dropped.  BUT - these are all signs of children having fun...of life, of Summer :)

One of my favorite things...eating supper outside on the deck. An almost daily occurence now whenever we are all at home.  I have always loved eating outside - and yet lived with someone for 9 years who HATED to eat outside!!  The kids LOVE it and we have had some lovely relaxed suppers out there - and lunches - and brunches...and sooo many cups of tea :)  I don't understand people who don't like to enjoy patios and decks in the Summer...One of the joys of living here is eating outside :)

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...heading to South Ed Common to pick something up for a friend.  Tie-dying t-shirts.  Making pirate maps.  Catching frogs and tadpoles.  Park day with friends.  We have a few weekend plans too :)  Watch this space ;p 


Related Posts with Thumbnails