Jun 14, 2006

Firey skies and white tailed deer.







The first week we lived here I got up and went to make coffee in the kitchen. As the kettle was boiling I looked out of the kitchen window and there on the grass outside, about 2 metres away, was a beautiful white-tailed deer.....it was chewing the grass and then slowly walked around the house and down the hill to the pond. It stopped for a drink in the pond and then walked off into our woods. It was wonderful! Lloyd was in a meeting so I couldn't call him - so I called Mum in England instead and she was as excited as me :)

The other pictures are of the amazing sunsets we get at the front of the house most evenings and also of one of the old gates that are dotted about our land.....I think they are lovely and when we take the fences down I will keep the gates and grow things over them.....
Related Posts with Thumbnails