Jun 14, 2006

Yes! Go Oilers Go!!!

Woohoo, the Oilers are going to win this @#$^#@^$ - yay in overtime they scored!!!! Which means they are heading back to Rexall for another game against the 'Canes......and there is NO WAY we can let them win the cup in OUR town :)

My tiredness just got worse and worse through the day and this evening I feel horrid.....I've been curled up on the bed watching the hockey match. Lloyd brought me a cup of tea and a bar of Toblerone to make me feel better (love him so much!) but I still feel yucky. I have Susannahs cold now.....Laurie thinks he does too and poor Susie has gone through a box of tissues this evening! I hope we didn't give our germs to R and family! I think Sam is feeling ill too as he has been soooo miserable all day and hasn't slept at all!

We had a lovely afternoon. I took Laurie to the store to get soem cookies and treats for everyone. We saw two geese with their babies crossing the road.

Our local store is AWFUL.....it's a tiny country store......sells the basics at ridiculously high prices...so high that no one buys anything ...which means everything goes out of date...you HAVE to check every date on the things they sell.....They only had 5 packets of cookies (not 5 kinds but 5 packets!!!) and 4 of those were out of date!!!! Like March this year!! Lloyd picked up a packet fo cornflakes there a couple of months back dated summer 04!!!!!! Anyway, I spent $6 on a packet of grotty oatmeal cookies.....a brand I've never seen before...but they were the only ones not out of date.

R came over with her three children. We got the playdoh out, they made paper bag puppets and played on the trampoline, watched some of Chicken Little and just pottered about while R and I chatted and played playdoh :)

Laurie spent the day pottering in the workshop taking his bikes apart and building things.....Chris arranged his voluntary work at the museum......he also arranged his training program for his voluntary work at the library.

R and I were discussing whether you should buy hard backed books or paperbacks (paperbacks for fiction and hardbacks for non fiction OBVIOUSLY!!! lol!) and whether you should read magazines in the bath! (Yes!!!)

She also told me that her DD has been calling everyone 'Idiot'. I was thrilled to hear this!!! My child is NOT the only one after all :) Abigail spent last summer calling everyone an idiot.....we had a gate between our yard and our neighbours yard so that the girls could go backwards and forwards to play......but Abby would call their DD an idiot constantly so would get sent home.....she'd wait a while and go back but five minutes later get sent home again :)

She grew out of it thankfully....although now has just learnt to talk to people as if they are idiots rather than actually calling them idiots lol! She gets that from her oldest Brother I'm sure ;)

Well, Lloyd has finished driving the garbage down to the end of the driveway so I can go and collapse in bed for an early night hopefully......and please please let me get a GOOD LONG nights sleep!

Today I am thankful for:

1. The Oilers winning and getting another chance to bring the cup home!

2. The space ship S made for Sam!

3. A fun afternoon with our guests :)

4. A cooler day than the 27 they forecast this morning.....although we could have done without the grey skies!

5. The wonderful pile of magazines I was given today...can't wait to have time to curl up and read them all!

6. Tea and Toblerone in bed this evening :)

7. Not having to cook tonight :) Lloyd picked up a rotisserie chicken, some potato wedges and a bag of salad :)

8. Bedtime......I need sleep!
Related Posts with Thumbnails