Jun 3, 2006

Mowing therapy


I spent four hours mowing grass today.....the tractor broke two weeks ago and cutting 16 acres with a push mower is a joke....so we let the grass get out of control until the parts for the tractor arrived yesterday. I haven't finished but at least I got most cut. I managed to mow over a hose pipe which scared the #*$%^@ out of me when it exploded...but apart from that and when the tractor started to roll backwards towards the pond...all went well.

Rosie and Amber, our goldens, spent most of the time running backwards and forwards with me across the lawn. Abby joined me for a while wearing a swimsuit and (for some strange reason) workmens knee protectors....

Mr Robin would jump onto the freshly mown grass as soon as I had passed......obviously looking for treats for his four new babies.

Sitting on a tractor for four hours is wonderful mindless therapy.....nothing to think about or concentrate on...it's lovely. I never thought I'd ever enjoy cutting grass! But it was four hours of alone time!!! Precious alone time :)

Best of all Lloyd cooked dinner...so really it's been a lovely lazy day.......

We did go out for a while earlier....to the local garden centre and the tree farm.....Saturdays tend to be for DH and I.....we run errands and go out for brunch...normally have take out and do things around the house...then Sundays are to do things as a family......

Lloyd is watching a movie with the boys this evening.....Star Wars I think.....so I'm hiding in here for a while....

Chris (my oldest) has been working on his tree house plans today.....and on his Star Wars computer game he's designed....Laurence (10) has been reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.....and playing outside most of the day. Susannah (8) has been helping Lloyd on the chicken coop and Abigail (4) and Sam (17mths) have been pottering around doing what they do!

It's much cooler today thankfully...I think it was around 23c.....a lovely temp. I get irritable when it's too hot.

So yes, Lloyd has been building a chicken coop....a five star luxury chicken coop I think...it's taking ages!!!!! So for the last 3 months 31 (and now 30) chickens have been living in our garage. It's disgusting in there now as they escaped from their pen and took over the whole garage.

We have 30 Hy Line White chickens....all layers...or hopefully they will be layers in about three weeks.....we're having bets as to when the first egg will be layed!!!

I don't care when so long as it's in the coop!!!! I want the garage back...I am scared to go in there its so yucky now....they are pampered chickens...Lloyd thinks they are wonderful! Chris takes them for walks when the dogs are safely away. Chickens aren't very bright.......although I get the impression they are ganging up on us really...waiting for the right time to get us!!! lol! They always look as though they are plotting and are suspicious of us! :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails