Jul 31, 2006

That time of year.....

It's that time of year again......the stores are filled with school supplies! If I was back in England I'm sure I'd find the stores filled with little grey pinnafores, red checked dresses, grey trousers and little white polo shirts......sweet neat little uniforms even though the children have only been off of school a week or two!

This year I have no need to buy any school supplies at all....we unschool...we have plenty of craft supplies, paper and pens and there isn't much else we have a need for....but that doesn't mean I won't walk the 'back to school' aisles...I LOVE school supplies. My favourites are spiral bound notebooks and nice pens :) especially those packs with pens of different colours....not markers/ felt pens...but writing pens that come in jazzy ink colours!

It's lovely not to have to face the back to school rush in the stores...its fab to be able to cruise the aisles and buy what we WANT to buy.....and we can even wait until the sales if we want!

And another FAB thing is that anything we buy we can claim back from the homeschool funding...so we get to go loopy over spiral bound notebooks and not have to pay :)

No school fees to pay this year, no back to school clothes we have to get......no special indoor runners that don't have marking soles........we can buy any shoes we like :)

Its a really nice feeling :) and luckily my children seem to have inherited my love of nice pens and notebooks.....pretty writing tablets and post-its!!!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails