Sep 22, 2006

We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo ..................




Calgary Zoo to be exact..........most of the week was cloudy but luckily the only rain was on the way home to Edmonton while we were in the car!! So we didn't mind the cloud at all. We had fun at the zoo.......even the cafe was great....the fries were REALLY good! I stole some of the childrens!!! Lloyd and I had chilli.............

Anyway, the zoo..........it was lovely and quiet because there were no school kids :) Yay again for homeschooling! My favourite section was the Canadian section which is funny because apart from the bearsd I think we get all the animals there in our own yard!!! Well, except bison but we see a lot of those anyway..................

I finally saw an adult bear.....even if it was in a cage! I had met the baby bears at West Ed Mall a couple of years ago but had never been close to an adult bear.......they were cute! Cuddly :)

The best animal of course, was the porcupine...they are my favourite animal!!! They are just the cutest...so we walked down into the pit bit by the porcupines pen and the porcupine was EXTREMELY sociable and left its back rock to come to the front and say hi....of course we weren't keen on getting THAT close as cute as they are!!!! But it was great for getting a photograph!!!

Oh and ALL the pictures from the zoo are taken with my little point and shoot as I just didn't want to spend the whole day carrying around my Nikon!
Related Posts with Thumbnails