Oct 31, 2006

Survival..................

I survived.......I feel close to death but I survived Halloween evening........my nose is soooo sore and my head is pounding but I made it :) I am so glad we went even though I feel so ill...we can rest tomorrow and relax at home......

We went to the mall and did some trick or treating for a while....basically we do a loop of the stores and then head back to the car....................a lot of people hate going to the mall for trick or treating but with two little ones it is a good way for them to enjoy Halloween and get some candy without getting cold....

For those of you not in Canada, basically you are guaranteed to get a heap of snow arrive just before Halloween...tonight the wind chill was about -15........not much fun for little ones to go trick or treating.......so the malls open up for two hours and give out candy and the children can go from store to store and collect it :)

So yes we went to the mall and then we headed to Tims drive thru for some supper and then drove to Festival PLace and sat in the parking lot and ate while we waited for Chris.....I ordered Chilli and they didn't give me a spoon or anything to eat it with!!!! So I ended up creating a spoon our of part of the lid......I actually felt a bit like Christie ;) I thought 'Mmmm what would Christie do in this situation'? .......actually it was Christies pee thing that made me think of her lol...she creates contraptions to help women/ girls pee in the woods!!! So creative is she!!!! So I knew if I thought like her I could figure something out!!! ;)

There is now a stupid one way system around Festival Place so you can't get to the main doors again from the parking lot.......so instead of making me walk from the car to the theatre Lloyd drove around the whole one way system again so he could stop by the main doors and Chris could see us.......I thought that was so sweet of him!

I am sad that Festival Place is no longer such a focal point in Sherwood Park....it used to really stand out on the skyline but now they are building the 'Centre in the Park' and the theatre is 'lost' amidst the apartment buildings..........

I am rambling.......

Chris came out of work at 7pm...he had volunteered for Parents Place at the penny carnival during the Fred Penner concert there.......he came out with treat bags for all his siblings which was sweet of him......

Chris wanted to do a little trick or treating so we headed to a local subdivision and they went to a few houses....and then because of the cold we headed home....

We live far too far from any houses to get trick or treaters at our door........

Our little pig gets up and wags its tail when you arrive home...actually pleased to see you :) how sweet is that????

I feel so ill...can you die from a common cold???? I'm sure I could!!!! I'm sure I get them 100X worse than anyone else!!!! :(

When we got home we tipped out all the candy as we do every year and took pictures of each child with their 'stash'....and then we sort it....gum goes into one bag (I don't allow gum so Lloyd takes that to work) chips go into another for the pantry....the kids can choose their 10 favourite candy items and have a labelled bag for them...everything else goes into a huge box for everyone to share........after a while (several days maybe) I get rid of most of it.......

Am I a mean Mom????? Chris thinks so!!! He thinks he should get to keep all of his for him and in his room.......ah well...he can be nicer to his kids when he has them :)

Now the children are all asleep already....Abigail was exhausted - in fact she was dragging her bag of goodies on the floor by the end as she was so tired...shes still not well though :(

I wish I was in bed asleep :( I think I need my cold fx and a nice cup of tea!!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails