Nov 6, 2006

contemplating...............

I am not sure if this style of photography is what I want to do......this style of 'business' is not making me happy. I am losing my love of taking pictures......I do NOT want to do weddings but I also do not really want to do family/ child photography......

What do I want to do? I want to go back to taking my landscape portraits, my sunsets, my pictures of hoar frost on barbed wire......of hay bales in late August.....

But where is the market for that? How do you sell your work like that?

How?????

Should I frame them and sell at farmers markets? Do I try art galleries? I have no idea how to begin with that kind of business...............

But I am NOT happy doing so many family pictures or children......I could still do the occasional one for people who ask......just not advertise.............

I want to find my 'thing'...........my 'niche'........................

I don't know....maybe its because I am ill right now......maybe its the weather.........but I am just not loving this portrait photography.......it isn't my 'thing' and I miss the freedom and creativeness I get from my pictures of flowers and snowy trees and sunsets over lakes..........

I feel a little like I've given up too easily but it just wasn't working for me..........

Thoughts anyone?
Related Posts with Thumbnails