Nov 13, 2006

Work stuff.............

This weekends shoots went really well......great pictures of great looking families :) and the children were so easy to photograph.......one little boy got fed up with posing (he was 2!) and went off to play but I got some great candid shots of him playing which worked out really well.

I was feeling really down about my photography business last week.....stupidly I took to heart some comments from someone I photographed who had extremely low self esteem and probably wouldn't have been happy whoever took her picture! I took the comments personally when really it was her issue and nothing to do with my work.......unfortunately there is nothing I can do...what can I do...show the world her pictures...the good pictures I gave her an dlet everyone see how good they are???? NO I can't do that can I? So there is nothing I can do to tell the world I disagree with her...don't they say the customer is always right? Or you have to let them think they are right at least.......

Anyway I was feeling so ill last week and that was all I needed......I was actually dreading the photo sessions this weekend...but they went so great....really nice families and happy smiley children who were a pleasure to work with.......

Tonight I am ordering my new props...my backdrops and also an egg and nest (to sit toddler in or lay babies in) for Easter pictures....and a flexi glass mirror which can be used as a pond or pool for some lovely fairy pictures that capture the childs reflection in the 'water'............

I am ordering a black velvet backdrop too for maternity pictures......the black backdrop absorbs the light and looks great in black and white pictures!!!

Now I am finally feeling well I can get working on the website....

I got some great reviews on LP today........and a few inquiries and bookings because of them :)

When I edit pictures now I can see so many improvements since my early work...in just a few weeks I have learnt so much and improved...no where near where I want to be but with the props etc to help I can get there I know it....I am upgrading my studio lighting when I get back from holiday......and my flooring is being changed thankfully........

Lots to do, lots to do......................
Related Posts with Thumbnails