Feb 23, 2007

sleep overs.....blah!

In the book I am reading......The Girls.......Aunt Lovey tells the girls that there are three kinds of people.

Those who love children.

Those who love their own children

Those who don't like children but have pets they call 'baby'.

I read this sentence last night and it really did make sense to me. Which one are you?

I am number 2. I love my own children but can't stand other peoples.....well a few of them are ok but mostly, no, I don't like 'other peoples children'!!

Tonight my kids all have friends sleeping over...they came back with them after school and this to me is hell.....I don't like having other people here...I like it to be just us.....Lloyd and I have an evening routine and it suits us just fine....we like to relax and mellow out...curl up in comfy clothes or I like to soak in the bath and read or go to bed at 9pm and watch a movie.....or potter about ad make snacks in the evening.......and Fridays are especially laid back....

But having 'other people' here changes that......the kids want this and that and want to do this or do that.....they are high as kites and they don't get to bed at the normal time.....

The other issue is that the new friends come from a family where they are on the go CONSTANTLY....5 kids all in sports and they also go swimming and go bowling and literally the mom spends her whole life driving them to and from places and cleaning up after them (they do NOTHING to help but demand so much)......

So of course they come here to our home and we like quiet evenings, we are very laid back and my kids have chores to do.....we don't entertain our kids constantly - they have time to be bored...time to daydream......time to 'be'......so I am wondering how these other kids will find that.....will they be bored within an hour or two.....hmmmmm we shall see....

So I shall be glad when tomorrow morning arrives and I can drop the kids back to their home and head off to photograph Orchids for a few hours :)

I much prefer Orchids to other peoples children :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails