Feb 6, 2007

spending

How long could you go without spending?

I was reading an article earlier in my Unschoolers Live Free - Learn Free magazine.......the writer had read an article about a family who moved into a cabin in the woods and survived on $500 a YEAR!!! The writer thought this was a wonderful idea but a little extreme...so she set her family a different challenge.

All of 2006 they didn't buy ANYTHING...they paid for housing, medical expenses and food but apart from that they didn't buy a THING.......she talks about the challenges they faced with their children...with birthdays and with 'wants'......it's very interesting and so I was talking to Lloyd about it and whether we could cope for long with not spending....

He doesn't think we could.....neither do I lol! Although I don't enjoy shopping very often, sometimes nothing cheers me up the way buying new books in Chapters does...or a new magazine......or eating out! I could go a year without buying clothes I think......for any of us.....but thats about it......

I think maybe I could go three weeks without buying anything....how long do you think you could go??????
Related Posts with Thumbnails