Mar 5, 2007

50 people I know......

I saw this on another blog. No names mentioned, you have to write about 50 people you know...the good, the bad, the ugly........

You may or may not be mentioned and don't assume its you...but don't assume its not you :) Some will be very obvious to some people.......


1. You are the strongest person I know.......after everything you have been through you still give of yourself endlessly to others. It amazes me when people don't see you the way I do. I feel like they are missing out on knowing one of this planets most amazing people. I don't see enough of you.

2. Every time I look in your beautiful eyes I feel guilty.

3. I think you really have issues. And your husband. I think you should both be in therapy longterm and I would love love LOVE to be a fly on your wall some days because I bet sparks fly in a home filled with so many dysfunctional personalities. I used to think a lot of you and now I just think you are sad and unbalanced and I am glad you are no longer a part of my life.

4. I miss you....I remember how close we were and I remember walking home drunk from many a Moms Night Out with you....and I wonder if you ever had that lesbian affair before you hit 40! I'm glad I was there for you through some very difficult times. I wish I didn't live so far away from you.

5. I am thankful every day for the decision I made 6 years ago to be with you. I have never been happier. You make me feel like the luckiest person alive. Every day.

6. I really can't stand you! I used to sit opposite you for two hours once a week and wonder if you had an umbrella shoved up your butt....why are you so tight arsed and nasty........when I see you at the mall and stop and say hi and smile, I am cringing inside because I really really don't like you. You are one of the rudest people I know....and it amazes me that someone so sweet was your friend for so long....and I am so happy she finally saw sense...it may have hurt her for a while but she is so much happier now without your friendship.

7. I love you for staying in touch after all these years. I love that you kick me in the butt every few months........and MAKE us stay in touch. I love that you understand that having 5 children keeps me busy........Don't give up staying in touch!

8. You were my first love when I was 5. I made a valentine card for you by drawing around my Mums heart shaped cake tin. You never knew it was from me.

9. You puzzle me. You make me curious.......I don't understand people with so many insecurities....but its fascinating to me.

10. You are a sweetheart, so caring and loving. I hope you never change....it will pay off in life so much more than book-smarts.

11. I wish you lived nearer because I'd so love to meet you in real life and get to know you.

12. I think you would make someone a WONDERFUL best friend...you have so much to give and are a great 'friend'....just not right for me...we have nothing in common and I think to be good friends you HAVE to have something in common. This must be true because I miss the book you never returned more than I miss you.

13. I am so glad I don't have to see you or your stupid husband twice a week any more. I think you bit off more than you could chew last year. Will you ever be strong enough to admit it? PS do you EVER wear anything else??????

14. You were my best friend for so long...you were everything I wanted and needed in a best friend and I loved those years........ You helped me understand autism...and you helped me understand your choice to stay in a difficult marriage.

15. I didn't know you MEANT to knock on my window that night. You have no idea how much I regret not knowing that. Why didn't you tell me?

16. I screwed up our friendship and that is a HUGE regret of mine.

17. When I don't hear from you I worry you have died. One day I know I will get a letter or card to tell me you have died......I will be sad but not shocked. Part of me will just be sad that you have wasted your life. You are such a sweet person...you could have done so much.

18. I have never met you but I admire you so so much. I know I've told you that before....but do you HEAR it?

19. I wonder why you bother to read my blog...although these days I don't think you do very often...........I was never anything but friendly to you.....I don't think I deserved your silliness...to be honest I think you are a little old to be like that and thought better of you....I'm disappointed in you.

20. You were my role model when I started home educating. If I had a bad day I called you...when I needed to feel inspired I visited you......I loved having you guys over for the day to visit....it refreshed my love of homeschooling. I will always truly believe in unschooling and it's because of my days with you and your amazing children.

21. I admire you greatly......I wish we could get to know each other better.....we have met briefly and I really think you are a great and interesting person........I think you would be a great person to go to dinner with.....really interesting to talk with...to debate with. I respect your opinions which is why I frequently request them!

22. I respect you but I don't think we will ever be good friends...I know you will always be a part of my husbands life and because of that I will always try to be friends with you. I will try to make you feel welcome here.......You have no idea how much I want to like you and get on well with you. I just can't see it happening. I think we are just too different. And I find you EXTREMELY dull and boring.

23. When you died it broke my heart. I sat and cried for days. I couldn't believe the gut-wrenching feeling of loss. I don't think I will ever forget that desperate feeling I had to make it not be real.

24. I am sad you never visited us when Abigail was born. Not for me but for Lloyd. I felt you let him down.

25. It was what you said about Lloyd that made me not want you in my life. You judged the man I love...the most giving, caring and loving man I have ever known. Your loss. I don't think I will ever reconsider though.

26. You make me wish I had a single friend to match-make with you!

27. You make me laugh out loud, you always make me happy to have spent time with you - whether in person or by telephone. You are a great person with a lovely family and I wish I could bottle some of your energy. I am so glad I met you :) Children are good at seeing through people - and all children adore you!

28. You were one of the first to welcome us to Canada and invited us into your home. I will never forget that!

29. I couldn't believe how rude you were to your husband the day we met you at the park. How could you be so rude to such a nice man in front of other people? I didn't like you from that moment on. And I still think your husband is a great guy.

30. I think you're a really great person and it pissed me off that they bought you beer for a baby shower gift. I know it pissed you off too.

31. Your blog is really boring and it makes me wonder if you are really that boring in real life.

32. You inspire me endlessly with your passion for your craft. It makes me yearn for my own passions in life......

33. I liked you the minute I met you.

34. I thought you were rude and ungrateful at Christmas....I was very disappointed in you and so was my Daughter...it made me proud that my Daughter noticed how rude you were though!

35. Sometimes I wish you'd leave him. I know you could be so much stronger and happier than you are. I have no idea why you stay.

36. I think you are beautiful and I love that it is so easy to see how much your husband loves you. I love the blog you share together - its so funny! You are such a confident and secure person and I think thats wonderful!

37. I remember the last time I saw you and what you said to me. It made things easier to accept when you died. I have kept it secret ever since.

38. We call you Freakshow because you look just like Freakshow from 'Harold and Kumar go to White Castle'........that would be bad enough but what makes it worse is that you are NOT a man! I worry that one day I will say it to your face.

39. You have the greatest children....I don't like many 'other peoples children' but yours are great. I think you are a great person too and I'm sad our lives headed in different directions.

40. I've only met you once but I really liked you and your kids are so great......I love getting your Emails and I hope we can meet up again soon because it has been YEARS.

41. I remember the day we finally met after chatting online...you were pushing the stroller through the playground and called out to me...I was outside of the nursery.....now it's your little one at nursery there! I really liked getting to know you - and your sweet sweet little boy......I wish I could get to know your little girl too! And still have lunch at the garden centre :) You are heading on an exciting new adventure in a new home and I am thrilled for you!

42. You give me hope that no matter what happens in my life I can survive. If you can - I can. And you are...day by day you are.

43. You made me feel like a writer. You made me believe I culd be a writer.....you believed in me and encouraged me...what more could I have wanted in a teacher?

44. You should never have been allowed to teach. You destroyed any enjoyment I had in Math......and because of you I stopped trying.

45. You on the other hand were a GREAT math teacher and a great person with a kind heart.....I will never forget the night you sat with me and fed me green skittles......and you talked about your fear for the other teacher who had been rushed to hospital while we all slept......I often wonder what you are doing now.

46. Your Son is pathetic but you? You I can never forgive because in my opinion you NEVER turn your back on a Grandchild. That relationship is sacred and should go beyond everything else........I thought better of you...I thought you were a stringer woman than that but really you are as pathetic as your Son. I am so so grateful that my children now have 4 wonderful Grandparents who think the world of them. They don't need you.

47. You used to 'make babies' with me, by putting your finger in my ear...you loved me all through Senior School and I still have a 'soft spot' for you......I hope you are happy.

48. You were the big brother I never had and I always looked up to you.......even though you were only two months older than me and teased me rotten at times you always looked out for me and I was proud to count the cool tough guy at school as my friend.....I'm glad we are still in touch and I am so so proud that you made it through he difficult times and are now a happy and proud Daddy living in New Zealand. You deserve that happiness :)

49. I still have the Kitkat tin you got me from work......I used it to store my jewellery for years! And I remember the laughs we had on the daytrip to Weymouth.....and I remember getting very drunk and being sick at your house when I was 15......and you had to call my Dad to come and get me.......in fact it must be your birthday soon.......was it March 5th??? TODAY??????? For some reason I am remembering it as being exactly a month after Nathalies.....If its today then HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! But your birthday party that year was the 14th March........Sadly I remember the date very well :( 20 years ago this year :( 20 years next week since Kirsty died :(

50. I can still hear your singsong Northern accent saying 'Hi Ya Jane'.......You are missed.
Related Posts with Thumbnails