Mar 21, 2007

Rhubarb Crumble

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/6474741.stm

This article on Rhubarb reminded me that last night I 'threw together' a rhubarb crumble' for Lloyd and I as a dessert...thanks to my Moms suggestion, I now keep a bag of crumble topping in the freezer...it doesn't freeze so is ready to use straight away...we also keep bags of frozen fruit in the freezer...and last night I used rhubarb...

All you do is put a layer of rhubarb about an inch or so think in an ovenproof dish......then you cover it with a thick layer of crumble topping and bake until the rhubarb is bubbling and the top is golden..... ta-da! It's done! And you can serve it with hot Birds custard or hot Ambrosia custard (Superstore sell it...as do Safeway) or vanilla ice cream.

To make the topping:

just mix flour and sugar and butter...rub it with your fingers until it resembles fine breadcrumbs......DONE!!! I don't use specific quantities...I just tip it in and mix it until it seems right.....maybe 3 cups of flour.....1 or 2 cups of sugar and 1/2 cup butter?????? You could find a PROPER recipe online I guess lol but I just throw it in together and mix it up and it always works.......



THIS IS NOT A CRISP!!! IT IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN A CRISP!!!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails