Mar 13, 2007

Thinking of Dunblane today...

As well as thinking of my friend Kirsty and her family, today my thoughts are also with the families of Dunblane, Scotland.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/march/13/newsid
_2543000/2543277.stm

On this day 11 years ago a man walked into a primary/ elementary school and shot dead 16 children and a teacher.

I remember I had been watching television while I pottered about doing housework...Chris was almost 2 1/2 and Laurence was 5 months old. I was living in Blackburn, Lancashire.......the tv show I was watching stopped for a newsflash....I couldn't believe it....as I watched the news throughout the day I remember sitting on my old brown sofa crying and hugging Chris and Laurie.....it was awful.....

When we were in Scotland there was a family att he childrens school who had lost their child in Dunblane......and the school security measures were very tight and they told me it was because of how close they were to Dunblane.....

To think that many of those children would now have left school...or have been at college still studying....going on with their lives......

Very sad. Because this day is special to me anyway, I never forget Dunblane.....although I could find very little about it on the BBC News today.
Related Posts with Thumbnails