Apr 7, 2007

Saturday

Its a gorgeous sunny day today but cold.....Chris slept over at his friends in town yesterday..they are going to the movies today - Chris's treat as he has some free passes he earned at the library last year when he was a volunteer....

Lloyd has taken Susie out this morning and they have to pick up some more paint for the bedroom because the tin that was in the workshop all winter got ruined.....he also needs a steamer because we can'g get the horrid 80's style sports border off of the wall.....

Laurie and I just tidied the kitchen.....Sam and Abigail are playing downstairs...I caught up on a few emails....Lloyds Mom phoned him to say Happy Easter.....

Thats our day so far...it's 11am...I;m not dressed yet so I am thankful the webcam isn't on ;)

Lloyd seems to think that Derek will start the bathroom reno's in aweek or two.....YIKES....chaos for a few weeks, an extra person living at the house and we will be down to one bathroom that is off the mudroom!!!! Still it will be worth it - please tell me it will be worth it and when I am pullling my hair out in a few weeks becauswe of the dust and dirt and chaos and lack of privacy, please remind me it is worth the chaos for a nice new bathroom that doesn't smell like a public bathroom......YUCK I hate our bathrooms....they are so old and were not made very well - the guy in the house did it himself and they didn't cut tile around the toilet...instead they just filled it with extra grout which over the years has cracked and is full of pee and god knows what and smells so bad and is IMPOSSIBLE to get clean :( The baseboards don't reach the floor which means water (and pee YUCK) can get underneath and is impossible to clean properly......the bath is a yucky old grey thing...........and the taps are this brassy stuff that is all rusty and has these plastic clear handles..the sinks are all cracked badly.......oh boy our bathrooms are grim.....I will take before and after pictures......I LOVE baths and I hate not having a nice bathroom to relax in........I don't want a jazzy jetted tub or anything big or super duper...I want an extra-short bath tub with a lovely sloping back........one that I can soak in without struggling to stay above water.....something comfortable and relaxing......a nice white suite with a one piece toilet that makes cleaning much easier.....and we are having a big window put in, so I can soak in the bath and look out at the fields.....

Laurie is making me a cup of coffee :) and then we are going to make chocolate crispy cake nests and put mni eggs in them :)

But first I need to go and shower and get dressed....so so lazy today :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails