May 15, 2007

Mothers Day 2007





I hope you all had a lovely day on Sunday. Mine was just perfect......instead of going out for the day we spent most of the day at home. Lloyd woke me up with coffee and then all the children came in and sat on the bed and gave me cards and gifts.....you can see them in the picture above....

Chris gave me a box of miniature chocolates from Laura Secord that he had chosen himself at the mall last Wednesday when he went with a friend.

Laurie gave me a Nickelback cd that I had mentioned a while back.

Susannah gave me a 'blue box' it is a triangular box coloured blue and it has quilled shapes on it. When you open the box there are little pieces of paper rolled up and when I feel blue I have to open one and read it...they say things like 'You make me smile when you hug me' and 'You make me smile when you tell me you love me' Its beautiful!

Abigail gave me a beautifully decorated jar with pot pourri inside....very pretty and in a decorated bag - I love this because I know that Debbie the preschool teacher is not keen on crafts so I am sure this was a difficult job for her and 20 children!

Sam gave me a lovely painted glass hummingbird picture to hang in the window - I had shown them to Lloyd a while ago and said that I liked them :)

All in all I was VERY lucky :)

After breakfast, Lloyd and I went to my favourite garden centre and bought some plants. I got a clematis and a honeysuckle for the porch - both of which attract Hummingbirds...

I bought 12 strawberry plants and 6 tomato plants too...as well as a watering can and some trowels.

We came home and then everyone spent the whole afternoon outside...Lloyd built me two small beds to plant the strawberries....and to move the raspberries, so we dug up all the raspberry bushes and moved them over to where the vegetable garden is going to be...they are now all planted and ready...I just cover the strawberries on the nights there may be a frost. I am leaving the clematis and honeysuckle indoors for another week at night not just because of the frost but because of the dogs and piggy eating them! By then the dog run will be built so the plants will be safer.

We had planned to go out for dinner as a family but the day went so fast and we were so busy out in the garden that we decided to stay home...so Lloyd and I ran into town and got pizza and brought that home instead.....

Late in then evening, just before dusk, Dan and I went for a long walk up on Marys field and saw a HUGE deer...it stood and stared at us for a while and then ran with its white tail bobbing as it went.....

It was a lovely Mothers Day - thank you Lloyd.....thank you Christopher, Laurence, Susannah, Abigail and Samuel!
Related Posts with Thumbnails