May 1, 2007

Tuesday is almost done....

So we went into town this afternoon and Dan went to a music store before coming to meet me in the scrapbook store...not sure what he thought of it all - t was full of women my age spending far too much money on paper and bits of cardboard! But he did say that he had no idea that scrapbooking was quite that big here....but yes it is - more popular than golf!!!

After that we went to the mall and Dan bought us all lunch (thanks Daniel!!) We all had Tacos from Tacotime......Dan had a soft taco and seemed to really enjoy it....we walked down tot he dollar store for a few things (chopsticks!! Dan can't use chopsticks so I plan to teach him!!!)

After that we went to Safeway...Abigail and Sam got free cookies as they always do...and Daniel was AMAZED that they get FREE cookies!!! Abby just walks up to the bakery and requests '2 cookies please' for her and Sam....Dan thought we had to pay for them at the end so I explained that all the grocery stores here give them to the children for free :)

We bought Twinkies for Daniel to try (he loves them) and I bought him and Lloyd a tiramisu mousse thats in a white chocolate cup...for dessert tonight, but Dan ate his as soon as he got home......AND a bag of two-bite B rownies...wow that guy can eat!!! Clare I don't think Canada will be good for Dan as he loves the food too much!!!!

Finally (finally!!!!) we headed home...Lloyd called and we all agreed that none of us were in the mood to go grocery shopping tonight...but the cupboards are BARE...so he grabbed some pizzas from Pizza Hut and a few things from Safeway and came home....

He picked Chris up in SP from his tournament.....Chris is tired but had a great day...

We (disgustingly lol) ate off of paper plates tonight.....how lazy is that??? lol.....but it was Chris's dishwasher/ kitchen duty day and he was tired from playing badminton ALL day so we gave him the day off :)

I have a migraine so I have taken an Imitrex and right now am suffering through the side effects of the Imitrex (not nice)

I have to start work on my Iron Chef contest pieces...at least now I have the supplies...I bought lots of chipboard today :)

I signed up for an envelope swap today at Scrappershaven.ca - I have to fill an envelope with all things to do with Spring.....then send it to the name I am given :) then someone sends to me :)

Lloyd placed a big bar of Fruit and Nut in front of me just now!!!! He must love me lol!

I feel like an Agony Aunt rather than just an Aunt right now...I keep giving Dan advice...mainly things like 'Suck it up, Princess!' and 'Life is too short...'

I am so glad to be in my 30's and to NOT be single...I can't think of anything worse than being 20 again and single.....

Oh and walking through the mall with Dan is an experience....he admires all the clothes of the kids there...high school kids etc...but to me they all look really camp...so Dan tells me that the 'style' right now is to look as gay and camp as possible!!! How strange is that?????? My gay friend Mark used to tell me that he could tell if someone was gay by the way they dress - but if everyone dresses 'gay' then there will be a lot of confusion lol!

Being a surrogate 'mom' to a twenty year old is quite the experience.....it's hilarious and I'm sure I spend the whole time looking at Dan as if he is mad....he's such a girl lol - OMG he's more of a girl than Lloyd!!! He over-analyzes every situation and I'm constantly saying to him...Dan you just need to MOVE ON...let it go and move on!!!!! rotflmao.....I thought it was only women who go on and on lol!

Tomorrow I'm taking Dan to Telus World of Science...he's really looking forward to it.....
Related Posts with Thumbnails