Jun 8, 2007

Poo :(

I phoned up about the job and the lady had already left for the weekend :( What a shame....I hope I'm not too late.

Oh well...if its meant to be it will happen - and if not then I just get to spend two full days a week with just Sammy :)

But hopefully she will call me back on Monday and we can talk. I am only interested in the Lead position....so if I don't get that I will be saying no anyway. I want to be the one planning the classes and deciding which topics we learn about (I already have so many ideas for both age groups!)

Because of homeschooling preschoolers in the past, I have plenty of teaching resources for that age group too - work books that cover subjects like the Seasons, each month of the year, festivals, crafts......circle time ideas etc etc......I'm really excited about it all......and I already have membership to various educational resource stores and online resources for printables etc....

I was recently sent a teachers resource pack that included a picture story book about native children and Inukshucks that came with miniature Inukshuks like 3d jigsaws to make! I have weather packs for preschoolers and a weather study kit......I have unit studies for preschoolers in everything from pond dipping and bugs and butterflies to science experiments for little ones!

And as the preschool is a rural one, I plan to involve lots of nature in the classes......everything from taking in tadpoles to show them to showing things like the empty wasp nest and making bird feeders :)

So....I really hope to speak with this lady on Monday. Wish me luck! I've been recommended for this job but I still have to be offered it officially...and although Debbie and Darlene know me and have seen me at work, the lady who decides doesn't know me at all!
Related Posts with Thumbnails