Jun 11, 2007

Still no news.....

No news on the job front...the lady hasn't called me and I called her again and her voicemail says she is not in the office today......so I guess I wait until tomorrow and hope she calls and if she doesn't call by lunchtime I will call her again....

I was just saying to Val that I wasn't looking for a job...I'm quite happy here at home and was looking forward to having some one to one time with Sam when Abigail starts school......but since being offered this job I have thought about it so much and have so many plans and ideas for things for the children to do and learn.......I'm really kind of excited about it.......so I do hope they want me to do the job. I'd just really like to speak to this lady and finally find out the application process and what I need to do for a September start...I know I need to have the police checks done...and I need my first aid certification.......but I'm sure I will need to do other things - like APPLY properly (???) and meet my assist.......and attend meetings or something about programming???????? I've no idea!!!! I don't know what their rules are regarding programnming....I DO know that I can use the resource room at parentlink for materials if I want to...and I DO know that balloons are not allowed....but what else?????

Hopefully I can speak to her tomorrow and get a few answers. I'm worrying about references too....I haven't worked in Canada before and hadn't worked for a long time in the UK....I have done some voluntary work.....worked in thrift stores, run workshops at homeschool groups, run local playgroups...started a Meet-a-Mom group in the UK......trained as a counsellor for a womens centre in Blackburn UK......helped at preschool etc etc.....but getting references is proving difficult.

So yes.....this is pre-occupying my mind right now......I really do hope I get to speak to her tomorrow.

I have a (spiral bound) notebook that I am filling up with lesson plan ideas....craft ideas....games, songs etc to use at the preschool........I have been going through all of Abigails preschool and Kindergarten homeschool folders and workbooks...getting ideas.....

So as much as I wasn't looking for a job...and it won't be the end of the world if it doesn't happen.....it would be nice if it did!
Related Posts with Thumbnails