Jul 19, 2007

Thursday...

I am sat here waiting for 6pm as at 6pm we are heading off to some local garage sales......the boys have cycled to the store - probably to buy junk but at least they are out on the bikes having fun!

We've had a nice day......Mom, Olly and I went to Joey Tomatoes for lunch....Oliver seemed to like it! Our server was so nice and I don't think Olly could quite believe that she kept replacing his coke even though he'd only had a few sips! I had a Viva Salad and then had the chocolate lava souffle for dessert...

After Joeys we strolled around the dollar store there and then drove down to the thrift stores.....I'm really pleased with what I got there....a ton of clothes that the girls are thrilled with (they had a fashion show for us when they got home and now the clothes are in the machine to be washed!)...some tshirts for Laurie. I picked up 4 like-new Barbie dolls and 3 like-new Ken dolls for them...and some little dolls too...not sure of the make but they were sweet and I knew the girls would love them...

For me I bought a plate with the seasons on the front......and a pretty tea cup with raspberries on it......I'll photograph them....oh and a plant pot with Fall leaves on it.....its in a stand.

I also got a like-new copy of Nigella Lawsons latest recipe book......my new island will have a book case in the end and I want to put my recipe books in it. I got a few little cars and a brand new box of Crayola crayons for Sam too......

So yes, I am happy with my loot ;) and the girls have been happily playing on their top bunk with the dolls since I got back!

I wonder what treats are in store at the garage sales tonight!
Related Posts with Thumbnails