Aug 6, 2007

I wonder......

www.prairiegardens.org/page_cornmaze.html

Some of you may remember that last year I posted (here and on LP) about the huge hike in prices at the Pumpkin Festival at The Prairie Gardens at Bon Accord.....they ahd put the prices up by something like $15 a family!!! I thought it was insane and I was really sad that some families on LP could no longer afford to attend this event....

I wrote a blog post about it and then someone from the Prairie Gardens read my post and left a long comment about it - they even offered my family free tickets so they could personally show us around and show us WHY the cost had gone up.....I declined and asked them to pass the tickets on to a family unable to afford the entry fee.

I just looked up this years entrance fee and I am soooo HAPPY!! They have reduced it back down to $30 a family!!!!!

this is wonderful news and we will definitely be going.....it is a great event - just isn't worth the extra they wanted last year when it is quite a drive from the city.....

As October weather here can be a real mix of warm or cold, I think they were very unlucky with the cold spell we had last October - those who went said it was cold and muddy.....so maybe they didn't get many people because of the weather...or maybe the price - who knows...

Anyway, if I helped in ANY small way to get the price reduced for this year then I am just so happy. To me it just makes sensible marketing practice to lower the cost and get more people through the gates than to outprice yourself like they did last year!

I am happy :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails