Sep 29, 2007

My gripe for the week....

It's a beautiful time of year...the Fall colours are everywhere and I have to say that Strathcona County looks stunning.......well.....it DID look stunning! My gripe of the week is all those ugly horrid primary coloured signs for the Mayoral elections taking place in October. They are everywhere - alongside every road....on every corner...in driveways....and even in the rural areas they are there - every few yards there is another one.

They are such a mess and an eyesore!! They should be banned. The council come around and remove comfree signs and yard sale signs etc yet the councillors are allowed to litter our beautiful roadsides with these signs for several weeks before each election!

And then driving home today I see (On a rural road) a HUGE lit up sign for Darien Masse!! and also along Hwy 21 endless signs for this same candidate. Like in bunches...what is the point of that - why is that necessary? Do they think us voters are stupid? Masse for sure would not have my vote! I don't care if he has the answwer for world peace right now - he needs to find better ways of getting his point across!

I don't WANT these signs littering up our roadsides in what is one of the most beautiful times of the year in this area....

If I was to vote then I would refuse to vote for anyone who has these signs up - you want my vote? then refuse to have signs up - campaign door to door or via newspapers and flyers or within malls etc - but do NOT spoil my view with endless ugly signs!
Related Posts with Thumbnails