Oct 15, 2007

Broadmoor Lake today....

(I tried to post this earlier but Blogger switched off for maintenance so I couldn't post it...better late than never ;)

Today turned into such a nice day! We spent the afternoon at Broadmoor Lake with my friend Jennifer and her children. Abigail was so thrilled to see N there and while Jennifer went to collect her Son from drama class, N came for a walk with us around the lake. We saw a Muskrat in the lake (kind of like a Beaver but smaller). There were geese sat by the age of the lake and three remote control sail boats were floating around......the muskrat didn't seem bothered by them at all......

The children had fun on the playground while Jennifer and I sat and caught up with news....the weather was just GORGEOUS!!! I'm so glad we didn't waste it doing something inside!

After the lake, we drove to Safeway to get the birthday cake and a few groceries.....then home and I walked down the road to meet Laurie who was cycling home from school - I met Susie from the bus too - Abigail and Sam were both asleep in the car....

A little after 4pm Chris phoned to say he was back from his day on the river.....so I popped to the school to pick him up.....sounds as though he had a great time - no one fell in the water, no one drowned so it was a great day :)

Lloyd is now on his way home from work...Lasagna is almost ready.....out by the fire tonight and then Little People Big World :)

Have a good evening everyone!
Related Posts with Thumbnails