Nov 15, 2007

Feels like a Friday...

....and I have no idea why....

Considering it is a short week because of Mondays holiday, yesterday felt like Thursday. So today feels like a Friday but isn't. Poo!!!

Lloyd went to work late today, so he sat and had coffee with Sam and I this morning......it's always a lovely way to start the day. I'm glad he left later too as there were a few accidents out there because of freezing rain. (For those of you who don't know what freezing rain is, it is when it rains but as soon as it touches the ground/ sidewalks/ cars etc it freezes on contact.......basically roads and sidewalks turn into ice rinks and your windshield wipers can't cope with the thick ice that covers the windshield....your mirrors ice over instantly too.....NASTY!!!! We have only ever driven in freezing rain once and it was awful - we had to pull over fast and try and chisel off the ice...I remember a man stopped his truck by us to check we were ok.....luckily we were on a quiet range road (country lane)

So Susannah has to go for blood work and urinalysis today...so we have to head into town for that later. Abigail wants to get some fabric paint so she can paint on a couple of white t-shirts she has.

I have a meeting to attend tonight at the local hall - for the Christmas party organizers. So far I have not had a response from ANY of the letters I have delivered to stores. I have delivered them to grocery stores, coffee shops, candy stores, home depot, Costco, scrapbook stores, drug stores, little stores at the mall.......endless letters and NO replies!!! :(

Lloyd isn't going to be home until later tonight either....a friend of ours is going through a difficult time in his personal life right now and wants to talk to Lloyd and get some advice. Actually its been quite a year for it! 3 couples we know have been having a difficult time this year - and have all come to us for advice and to talk......I really hope this couple make it.....

Well, I promised Abby we would play cards again, so I am off to do that with her and then get showered and ready to head into town for Susannahs appointment.

Have a great day everyone!
Related Posts with Thumbnails