Jan 26, 2008

Ask me a question - Susan

So Susan asked me: 'Why do you think you enjoy blogging so much'?

I have always kept a diary - right from when I was little - my Dad used to bring em them home from work and I'd write what I did each day...I loved that and I always loved looking back at them to see what I did this time last year etc etc....I think pretty soon after I learned to write I started to keep diaries.

I kept a gratitude journal for a long while on CPO. I kept a blog on t-blog for a while. Just writing...no pictures..to me it was just a new way to keep a diary. I think its really therapeutic to write about your day - get it all out on to 'paper'.....if you know what I mean.

Then I stopped for a while until Tasha from LP posted about her blog and used it as a way to share family pictures and news with everyone at once.

I thought this was a fab idea - instead of taking forever to write to everyone individually in emails or letters, I could write in my blog daily and share our news with everyone at once - family, friends etc etc AND it would be a diary for us to look back on too! Its like instant scrapbooking - I can add the pictures and do the journaling straight away! Whereas my scrapbooking pages are mainly still waiting for the journaling to be done!

What keeps me writing though is that we LOVE being able to look back on the last year and see EXACTLY what we did each specific day...if we forget when we did something or why we can look back and read all about it - enjoy it all again! Like we couldn't remember what we did for Sams birthday last year until we looked back at my blog.....and this last week or so we have really enjoyed looking back at our Disney holiday from last year. There is no way we would have remembered it in quite so much detail - what we did each day..what the weather was like....where we ate....what was good and what wasn't.....

With family the other side of the world, its also a great way to help them still have daily contact with the children - really watch them grow up. So much nicer than the occasional email or picture or letter....they can know what we did in detail every day too.

I can share interesting news stories with everyone at once without filling their inboxes up with junk mail!

But mainly, I just love to write....and I love knowing our memories are down here in black and white to look back on whenever we want.

I hope that answers your question ok ;)

So/.....anyone else have a question for me? Last time there were plenty of questions - doesn't anyone else have a question?????
Related Posts with Thumbnails