Jan 26, 2008

Our First Anniversary...

I can't believe how fast this last year has gone!

A year ago today, Lloyd and I got married at a little ceremony in Orlando, Florida. After the ceremony and the pictures had been taken, we spent the rest of the day/ evening in Disneys Animal Kingdom - travelling through Africa and Asia on our 'honeymoon' lol! It was a lovely hot day...sunny and bright :)

www.royalchapel.com/07JaneLloyd.html

Today it was -1 and cloudy.....the occasional little flurry. Sigh...I know where I would rather be!!!

Today has been nice though. Lloyd woke me with coffee and a gift :) And I gave him his gift while we sat on the bed with our coffee :) Thank you to my Mom and my Sister Clare for the cards they sent us! Thank you Clare for the email too!

After breakfast, we drove into Edmonton to the Pet Expo and Boat Expo at the agricom. The children enjoyed climbing on all of the boats and in the limousines that were there...one stand had some kayaks that the children could sit in and 'row'.....and there was a big sand box/ pit for Sam to play in with toy trucks! I wasn't impressed with any of the boats there - they were all too small but I guess here in AB they ahve to be as the lakes are so crappy and small. Pointless. So we have decided that we are only interested in off shore boating so will only get a boat if we end up in either a) Florida or b) Vancouver/ Vancouver Island....and right now Vancouver Island is looking like a big possibility...but who knows....

The boat show wasn't very good so its a good job we got in cheaply and didn't have to pay full price. I know its the first year but still...not impressed!

The Pet Expo was ok....like Lloyd said though, it was a bit like paying to get into a pet store...not that many animals there and it was mainly stands selling pet food and supplies....we watched some dogs doing flyball.....the children enjoyed the petting zoo and pony rides.....meeting puppies, baby rabbits and seeing the snakes and tortoises..

I had hoped to see pot bellied pigs there but no.....

After we left there, we went to Lumberjacks for brunch.....I had apple cinnamon waffles :) YUM!!! That was nice and after everyone had eaten, we headed to Costco to get Susannahs birthday gift. Grabbed some brussel sprouts and spuds for dinner tomorrow....then headed home finally.

This afternoon I have been curled up reading - I finished my book 'A Rhinestone Button' and figured I'd now catch up with my blog.

Chris just got home from Vegreville where he was taking part in a basketball tournament. Laurie has been on the phone to his girlfriend for the last hour.....Abigail has been on webkinz. Susannah won't be home until late tonight as she's going to a hockey game with a friend.

Lloyd is outside clearing the snow some more in case we get a bug dump of the white stuff with tomorrows storm. Sam is playing on his scooter and waiting for Daddy to come inside again.

Tonight we will probably curl up and watch a movie. We planned to go to La Ronde during the week as we weren't sure what time Chris would be home tonight and thought he couldn't babysit.

I'm not sure what book to read now.....maybe Wicked....I want to read another Gail Anderson Dargatz but I have to wait for Turtle Valley to come out in paperback....I don't like hardbacked books.

I get lost in her novels..they're wonderful!

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.

This is the first year since it started that we haven't been to ice on whyte. No one seems bothered but me lol!
Related Posts with Thumbnails