Jan 27, 2008

Guess what I got for my birthday! :)

I need to practice with it, but here are the first pictures of snowflakes taken with my new Macro lens!! They aren't great because

a) it is FAR too windy out to catch any flakes on my black fabric....and as soon as you shut the window they melt and its too cold to have ther window open!

b) I was taking these through the dirty scratched window and using the trees outside as my dark background and with blowing snow they aren't very dark lol!

c) I didn't use my tripod and although I've never really used it much, for macro work I NEED to use it because the slightest movement causes blur.

d) its so windy out all the snowflakes are broken

e) these are the first pictures I took with a new lens so they wouldn't be very good anyway lol....but you get the idea of what a macro lens is capable of with a little experience!

Lloyd has now set my tripod up by my Poinsettia so I plan to take some pictures of that to practice with.

I also got the most gorgeous snowglobe with Dorothy and the Wicked Witch in it and it sings Ding Dong the with is dead......and the first James Blunt cd....and a BIG box of Purdys chocolates :) and a lovely fleece sweater from my Mom and Dad :)

And lots of lovely and funny cards :)

Weather is crappy so we won't be going bowling after all....we are still under storm watches for this afternoon and they don't recommend driving because of the blowing snow. But Lloyd is going to cook me a lovely roast dinner.....I'm going to soak in the bath and use my Lush bath products...and practice with my lens :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails