Jan 27, 2008

So, my birthday...

Lovely day....woken up with coffee and gifts...all the children piled onto the bed to give me their cards and gifts.....

After that I spent a while taking pictures with my new lens :)

Got dressed and Lloyd and I headed into town. We sat in Starbucks and had coffee, chatted...then we strolled around Chapters and looked at the books and magazines.

Popped into Safeway for some swede and two birthday cakes - one for today and one for tomorrow. Headed to Blockbusters to get some dvd's. We bought Reign Over Me and Knocked Up for us to watch and we also got Meet The Robinsons to watch this evening as a family.

Despite being sent constant Winter Storm warnings all day, the roads weren't too bad.

Came home and I took more pictures with my new lens.....blogged a bit etc etc and Lloyd cooked us a GORGEOUS roast dinner with brussel sprouts, mashed swede, roast potatoes, roast chicken and gravy...mmmmm it was sooooo yummy. The children are now doing the kitchen together and once tat is done we will watch Meet The Robinsons. After that we will have birthday cake :)

The children have made their lunches for tomorrow and showered etc but whether they go to school or not is a different matter...they forecast windchill values in the morning of colder than -40c so that means they are at risk of frostbite after 5 - 10 minutes....maybe the buses won't run because of the cold...just in case...so we shall see in the morning.

It's been a nice day - I've been totally spoiled again :) Chris even gave me a gift of two mars bars and a version of Brain Age that I can use on the computer!

Lloyd is sat with his laptop watching youtube clips of Ferrari's.......men are so weird huh?
Related Posts with Thumbnails