Jan 15, 2008

Tuesday......

High winds blew in from the North last night - although the temperature didn't drop too much, the windchill was COLD.......we were awake quite a bit listening to the wind blow around the house - I love hearing that :) Could have done with more sleep though - Lloyd woke me by phone at 6:30am as I was supposed to take Chris to school for 7am for basketball practice.......turns out he got a ride so I could go back to bed :)

We were planning on going ice skating today but as we were all tired and the roads first thing were fairly crappy, we decided to switch the day - so we stayed home - and stayed snuggled in bed...watched a little tv....(a show about the Rockies and how the first artists and photographers introduced their splendour to the world!) and we played Crazy 8's and Rummy.....read some books.....(including Robert Frosts poem about winter - Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening) and Abigail read a story to me entitled Monster Haircut.

I did some more sewing - hearts for my Valentine tree.....

Sam sat and enjoyed the stories.....he played with his cars and bricks and watched his favourite show Frannys Feet.

Abigail worked on her Grade one math book - she did 6 pages....mainly on number patterns - trying to figure out which number is missing...which one comes before, in between and after etc etc.....then she had to fill in a number grid with numbers 0 - 100.

Lloyd is meeting Dave for lunch in Sherwood Park. I think he misses him now they don't work together.

Maybe I'll make some emergency chocolate cake....or fudge brownies.....I stocked up with baking goods at Costco last night...

well, time for lunch and then Abigail can use Webkinz for a while.......maybe I'll head down to the treadmill....maybe I'll sew......maybe I'll bake!
Related Posts with Thumbnails