Mar 28, 2008

For my Mum and Dad.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....


Author unknown...


On Wednesday my Mom and Dad said goodbye to their little cat Sammy. She had a severe heart attack. They have buried her at the top of their lovely garden over looking the fields...where they buried our dog Kelly. I'm sure they must be very upset as I know how attached they were to her - I haven't been able to speak to them yet although I've tried to phone a few times.

Sammy was kind of a stray kitten - a kitten from a local farm cat I think.....she was often walking around in their garden and they would feed her(my Dads a kind of sap where animals are concerned - kind of like us - he feeds all the wild animals too like the hedgehogs and foxes and badgers etc etc).......so they asked around if she belonged to anyone and when no none claimed her they kind of claimed her as theirs. Got all her vaccinations done etc etc. Sammys Mom would often come and visit her and sit with her in their garden for a while before heading back to the farm or wherever she came from......

I remember waking up a couple of mornings when we were staying there, to Sammy sitting on the floor beside my bed with her face an inch from mine - scared the hell out of me!!!!! lol! I guess she was probably trying to tell me to 'leave and take those noisy kids with you'!!!

Anyway, I know how upset I was when my cat Bailey died - I sat on the sofa and cried for three days...so I just wanted to say I am thinking of my Mom and Dad this week.....hope you are ok - I have tried to call and I left a message.

Lots of love
Jane
Related Posts with Thumbnails