Apr 20, 2008

What a day :(

The weather is absolutely horrible. Lloyd doesn't think the school buses will run tomorrow! Imagine - a snow day in April! Late April!!! I guess I will have to check the news in the morning to see if the buses will run.

Lloyd is going to take my truck tomorrow for work and so Abigail will miss her second drama class. But the snow is piling up fast and they forecast even more over night tonight. It has been coming down heavy all day and it is blowing around so much! The roads were a real mess going into town. The plows are out working hard but it's just coming down too fast. we were in the mall for about 40 minutes but all our footsteps and tyre marks by our truck were totally covered by the time we got back to the truck.

Chris went to the water park at West Edmonton Mall today for a party. I hope they got there safely - I haven't heard anything so I assume so.

Lloyd and Abigail had hair appointments at lunch time, and Susannah is swimming with friends at a birthday party in town this afternoon, so we all went into town for that. As we only had three children with us (which seems such a small family to us) we went to Smittys for lunch. It means we won't have to cook dinner tonight now as no one wil be hungry!

I always have the same at Smittys and can never eat it all.

I order the 7 grain short stack of pancakes which is 3 pancakes. And I order the sugar free syrup. How many pancakes can you eat? I can only eat 1 1/2 pancakes on a good day. Most days I can only eat 1. Can anyone eat all three? They are huge!! Some days I can't even eat 1.

Now we are home and soon Lloyd has to head back into town to get Susie from her swimming party. Then Chris will get home around 6:30pm.

To be honest I will be very glad when 7pm is here - everyone will be home and safe and in the warm here again. The weather is nasty and the roads are just horrible.

If you are out on the roads in this weather over the next few days please PLEASE drive carefully. My dear friend Mandy lost her beautiful children and her partner in weather like this and I never want to see anyone go through an experience like that again.

Take care everyone.
Related Posts with Thumbnails