Jul 19, 2008

And this is why I packed a picnic?????????






On Tuesday we packed a picnic and headed to Two Jack. Abigail and I painted while Lloyd and Chris fished. Sam paddled and played all afternoon. I packed a lovely picnic for us. This was the only afternoon that the weather wasn't perfect and we had a shower that caused us to run for the car at one point - luckily it didn't spoil the rest of the day and we were able to spend most of the time in t-shirts and Sam was able to strip off and paddle :)

However, my lovely picnic didn't make it into human mouths as these pictures show lol! The children (and Lloyd) had too much fun feeding the ground squirrels (which is probably illegal and far from hygienic lol) but the little furry rodents LOVED my cheese and cucumber and cheese and tomato rolls with a touch of salt and pepper.....and seemed to like being stroked (YUCK!!!) and Chris filmed a documentary on these creatures for his new production company!!! ;)

I did NOT partake in this germ infested waste of my picnic although I LOVED being able to get some great close ups of these cute little creatures but geez their claws!!!! I had visions of them attacking my children and spreading rabies lol! Made for some cute pictures though and it was quite a memorable experience for the children if nothing else :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails