Nov 4, 2008

President Obama!

History was made today :) I truly believe the US made the right decision based mainly on the Democrats policies - those are, of course, what REALLY matters. Yet you can't get away from the fact that todays election result is a HUGE step for America - and one that is soooo important to me personally. As a parent of mixed race children and having been married to a black guy for 10 years, I frequently heard that there would probably never be a black President - that America was still extremely racist and would never be 'ready' for a black President.

Today has proved that theory wrong. Today, if a black child says they want to be President then every teacher and every parent can say GO FOR IT ;) Barack Obama has proved them wrong.

I am excited to see what he brings to the country. I have a feeling he is going to bring many good changes to the country - and hopefully the world will see the US in a new light.
Related Posts with Thumbnails