Nov 13, 2008

Thursday

All our snow melted fast yesterday. I wanted to take a picture of the snowman almost melted away but I didn't get to him in time - Laurence's foot got to him before me.....sigh....

Yesterday Sam and I went to spend the afternoon with Stacey and her VERY cute children Taylor and and Kylie :) We had a great afternoon visiting with them and Sam was asleep within minutes of leaving. Yet again I have to say I LOVE the Henday :) It would have taken me sooo much longer to get there without that road but because of it, Staceys house is like a 10 minute drive!!!

Denis had a dental apt this morning, so when I took the coffee out, I was chatting with Tim for a while. He was out spending time with Charlie. He says Charlie is his new friend :) Charlie follows the workmen everywhere and keeps an eye on them for us ;) I will take a lot of pictures of the house and update the reno blog this weekend - the workmen are here until after dark so its difficult to take any during the week.

My online course is going well - so far its been mainly preparation - making the binder, lots of printing and getting the pages all ready for the actual writing part. Today we are doing a practice exercise for writing and have some pages to read about writing in general......tomorrow the writing begins!!! The prompts and 'sparks' are interesting....and the detail she wants us to write with is interesting too - more detail than I had thought of.......it has already made me rethink the way I have journaled many memories in my book of memoirs that I keep - I dont think I have enough detail. The kind of detail I wish I had from my Grandparents. The kind of detail I want from the books I read. You know? So already it's a good course for writers and it hasn't even started properly yet!

Today is Thursday. Sam has Pre-K today ad I am going to visit Tess at her home because she has hurt her back and has been off of work all week. I'm just hoping the snow stays away until later - the weather forecast is for high winds and snow/ rain so I'm hoping that stays away until after I get back because I don't want to drive in THAT :( I also have to go to Icon Photography because the childrens pictures are ready and I need to pick them up - they've been ready for a while but I just haven't managed to pick them up yet. I NEED to do that today if I have any chance of getting the projects done in time!

Tomorrow is Rock and Ride for Laurences birthday - delayed form last month after THAT disaster......then the weekend.....
Related Posts with Thumbnails