Nov 8, 2008

Yum!!!!

We went out for dinner tonight - I didn't feel like going to a movie after all - maybe if it was local I would but I ddn't want to go far and none of the local theatres were showing what I wnated to see, so we just went into town for something to eat. We ended up at a Taste of India and both had their buffet meal. It was a really good choice tonight! $16.95 for all you can eat and soooooo much choice! Really good too! Their Naan's are soooo good! Yum! Anyway the best part of the meal was the dessert - I had FAR too much and they had this yummy dessert - had no clue what it was until afterwards when we asked - turns out its made of CARROT! So I looked it up when I got home!

www.indianfoodforever.com/desserts/gajjar-ka-halwa.html

It looked like a cross between cat food and the base of a British trifle (not Canadian trifle which is NOTHING like a British trifle TRUST me!!!!) and it was WARM!!!! I had mine with this creamy coconut-y custard and some fruit cocktail. I don't think you were supposed to lol but it went really well ;)

It was good :) Great service, great atmosphere, great food and yummy dessert!
Related Posts with Thumbnails