Dec 5, 2008

Keeping busy.....

My back is pretty sore today but I find it's worse if I sit still, so I am keeping busy and keeping on the move. I washed the floors this morning, cleared the ice from the front steps and outside by the mudroom door - it warmed up over night and a lot of snow melted and the turned to weird ice chips - really slushy and slippery. So i cleared all that away. I've checked on Charlie a couple of times and given her food and fresh water and some company. Taken coffee out for the workmen and chatted to them.

The Bell guy came out again today (satellite tv) He was here yesterday and again today - he has put new lines into several rooms and run new cables for PVR to several rooms and brought a new remote control for the box downstairs. We don't want PVR but we wanted the cable installed ready. He's prepping ready for addition too.....some of the lines were disconnected when the porch was dismantled so that had to be reconnected.

Ardalta came out this morning too to pump out the septic system so we are all set to go through the winter with a nice empty septic system - thats good!!!

Yesterday we had no hot water coming through the tap in the kitchen - turns out that where the wall had been opened up outside, there was not enough insulation at present for that pipe - because at the moment it's open to the elements! So I went and told them and within minutes they had sorted it out and we had hot water again - Susie had been happy not to be able to do dishes before school lol!

Abigail didn't go to school today - she asked to stay home again so I let her. She won't be going after Christmas anyway. So this morning she did some sewing - cross stitching and then she started stitching a gingerbread house on felt - I just gave her the thread and felt and left her to it with that one! After that we built towers and creatures with mini marshmallows and cocktail sticks! They have had time on the computer, watched a Christmas movie, chatted with the various workmen here, helped me with chores, decorated Christmas cards, and played together. I will add pictures of their crafts onto the homeschool blog.

If anyone would like access to the homeschool blog please leave a comment with your email address and I will send you an invite to that blog!


Tonight Lloyd is making butter chicken for dinner yum - I wish he knew how to make the Indian desserts too - we went to A Taste of India for dinner again last night!!! OMG it's so good there!!! I swear I only go for the dessert - I hope no one counts how many trips I make up to the buffet for dessert ;) one guy must have watched because he came up to me and asked what it was I was eating and and asked what they taste like - I described them and he tried them and then I saw him go back for more too so he must have loved them too! YUMMY!!!! That family had a little girl with them who sounded JUST like Vals youngest!!! :) I kept thinking it was him :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails