Dec 24, 2008

Sunday

I guess I should say that on Sunday I had a day out with my boys too! The older two! This has been an annual tradition since we arrived in Canada! Firstly Chris and I would go every year just before Christmas - he would get his gifts for the family and we would make a day of it and have lunch together, and now Laurence comes with us (mainly because Chris likes to disappear for a while and get his gifts alone and meet us for lunch).

So on Sunday the three of us headed off, the boys chose their gifts for their siblings etc and we had lunch out. Christopher ran into some friends and a little later headed off to a movie, and Laurie and I met Lloyd and the others and we headed to Kelseys for supper before driving to Bright Nights to see all the Christmas Lights.

It was a nice day spent with the boys - mainly with Laurence I guess but some time with Chris. Laurie and I spent most of the day laughing and he posted on facebook about how much he enjoyed it :)

I love that the children choose their own gifts now - the younger ones normally choose theirs in the store at the Festival of Trees, but we didn't go this year - I will miss that :( They have picked some interesting gifts in the past - Lloyd has a lovely flashing shot glass and a wonderful flashing PINK cocktail glass ;) it's THOSE gifts that MAKE Christmas :) because anyone who really KNOWS Lloyd knows that he is TOTALLY the pink flashing cocktail glass kinda guy ;)
Related Posts with Thumbnails