Jan 12, 2009

Tweens.

I forgot to say that yesterday I took Susannah and her friend to the mall. Lloyd was having his hair done with Abigail and I had to run some errands there (Lloyd had broken his glasses his glasses so I had to get those fixed, post some letters, buy a lunch box for Lloyd etc etc) so while I did all of that, Susannahs friend form the sleepover came with us and then we dropped her home afterwards before heading back out of town.

Susannah is getting to that age where she is just about old enough to go off to a few stores on her own for a while. She's almost 11 and while I won't let her go shopping on her own yet as an 'activity' with friends, I did let them go off to a few stores together while I was busy.

I'm really glad that we don't live in town cose enough to the mall so that Susie will be hanging out there regularly as she gets older. I don't mind it being a 'sometimes' thing but not an almost daily or even weekly thing like some girls do. In many ways I'm still glad we live out where we live. For a few more years at least (if we stay here). Just because these days girls are soooooo materialistic and sooooo into fashion and labels and everything - all the 'meangirls' stuff. And everything else that goes on in groups of girls/ teens.

Yesterday was fun though. We stopped at the food court for a while for a drink and they ran into a few friends. Even Abby ran into a friend after she'd had her hair done so she was thrilled :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails