Mar 25, 2009

Spring Break update...

I got some new math workbooks for Abigail this week - one on time and money - just to see how she could do with that - and I was really surprised at how well she did - I mean she has always just sued money and I never really thought about 'testing' her on it - she just used it in 'life'.......but she just knew all the names of the coins and everything without asking and then with the clocks she just knew all the times and everything with both analogue AND digital!!! I was really surprised!!! Yay :)

Our days have the same routine generally - mornings are spent with the children doing their 'schoolwork' Abigail can choose what she does as long as she does a variety each day and as long as by the end of the week she has done a good variety of work - some math, some science, some language arts, some social, some art, etc etc etc.......and she LOVES to help Sam with his too.

Because of the renovations we have going on home-renos.blogspot.com/
we are still having to stay upstairs and so we all do our work in my bedroom either at my table or on the floor, which is less than ideal but we get it done - hopefully it will only be a few weeks now until we can use the table and island downstairs. For now though we can't do many crafts or anything too messy which is limiting and means we can't have too much fun :( but Abby has done a little painting still.

We still go swimming regularly and we go to Kidz Quarterz (the indoor playground). I will be glad when the snow has gone and we can get outside more. the children like to go out and sled now that its warmer though and at least now the snow is wetter they can build snowmen!

I've been through the checklist of things Abigail needs to know before the end of the year - and the things I wanted her to do before the end of the year and there are just a few more things I want to cross off - so I'm heading to Education Station tonight to pick up some supplies....I want some 3d shapes for sure.....She needs a new Social book to work through too. Maybe one on the Inuit so we can use the Inuit books we already have! Or maybe one on maps.......hhhmmmmm
Related Posts with Thumbnails