Apr 13, 2009

The Beekeepers Boots!!




Val and her hubby came over today for coffee and brought two of their crew with them (and thank GOODNESS or I would have had a very upset crew here - when we saw a smaller car than normal arrive we were concerned they'd come alone and then I would never have heard the end of it from my lot!!! How DARE they not bring friends for mine to play with!!!! ;)

Anyway, when Val got out of the car I spotted that she had some welly boots in her arms with bees on and thought perhaps she had found her youngest (or even my youngest) some really cool welly boots for Spring! And then I saw what they were!!! it's the most gorgeous ceramic pot! Hand painted by Val!!!! Isn't it gorgeous??? I think it's supposed to go outside (like the bee that Val painted for me last year - but my bee couldn't go outside either (lol) and I've had it on my bookcase ever since! Well at the moment it's sat by my computer downstairs because the workmen kept moving the bookshelves and I was worried it would get broken! But it will get put back soon! I just worried that if I put the bee outside it would get ruined by the weather or something!

Anyway, this pot is the perfect colour for my new kitchen and while it will NOT have metal or plastic things in it (I used these just to take the picture lol) I thought it would look lovely with wooden spoons in it. The white of the boots matches my kitchen cupboards and my counters are going to be black! And It means I will have bees in my kitchen :)

So Val I hope thats ok with you? I do love it so much :) Thank you so much! Now if only I can sort my Sons social life out then I can join you at the ceramics class!!!

It was nice to see you both today - and I love that idea about Northern Bear for dinner and afterwards with the kids all together!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails