May 13, 2009

Potatoes...and stuff......

Yesterday I planned to make two Cottage Pies....one for dinner and one for the freezer. I asked Abigail and Sam to peel 14 potatoes. They LOVE peeling potatoes and Sam is VERY good at this job by the way! When I went to check on them I found the bag empty and they had filled the huge pot - they had probably peeled more like 21 or 22!!! Abigail had got carried away and said she wanted to peel the whole bag!!!! Sigh!!!

She also chopped two onions for me and didn't cry at all - how weird!!

Then I found out I hadn't taken the ground beef out of the freezer, so I didn't make the cottage pies yesterday - but everything is ready to go today. I love that my children are great in the kitchen - they've always been good at helping in the kitchen but now with the new kitchen there is so much space for everyone to help - the island AND the table, two sinks, three taps.....two ovens...the big range....so everyone can help with prepping for dinner without getting under each others feet. Sam at 4 can peel potatoes and chop vegetables. Abigail is wonderful at helping prepare dinner too. The boys can cook meals...Susie too. And they all see Lloyd cooking many meals so they know that men play an equal part in the kitchen....

So important!!

Oh and Edamame...do you like it????? I know its supposed to be really good for you, and everyone these days raves about it...but I have to say I find it tasteless....and flavourless....doesn't seem to matter what you do to those little beans, they remain totally dull. How do you add the excitement that everyone else seems to have over them???

I am a vegetable LOVER - I LOVE my vegetables - prefer them raw - but love them no matter what, but Edamame???? (Are they a veggie or a pulse??? I know they are a soybean, so does that make them a pulse????) anyway....they are tasteless!

Do you like them? No one here likes them but I would like to like them......how do you eat yours????
Related Posts with Thumbnails