Nov 30, 2009

End of the month tag - November


What books and/or magazines did I read this month?    I have read 'The Book Thief' this month - In honour of  'Remembrance Day'...I have read a LOT of magazines this month too - Lloyd brought me home Redbook, I also read Creating Keepsakes, People, Avenue, Edmonton Woman, Ladies Home Journal.....I read a few non-fiction books too!!! 
What movies, television shows, plays, etc. did I watch this month?  The Proposal, New Moon  Santa Buddies, there are probably more but I can't think of them......I did watch the last Jon and Kate ;)  
What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?  Celebration of Lights, Daves party to celebrate his Doctorate,  Kidz Quarterz with the homeschool group, Dinner out with the girls at Montanas :)  Cinema with Lloyd, endless date nights, family dinner by candlelight, Festival of trees.....hike at Elk Island Park and geo-caching on Remembrance day......family movie nights.....family dinner at Swiss Chalet....
What gifts did I give and/ or receive?   I spent the entire month choosing gifts for family and friends - I have had great fun selecting things I think the recipient will love!  I am all set for Christmas so that I can focus on my JYC class - although I daresay December won't be gift-buying free!!  I received wonderful gifts from Sharon and Stacey - as well as the gift of their time - and the others who came out for my girls night out!!!
What special or unusual purchases did I make?     We bought a new Christmas tree - and I added to my collection of tree ornaments and Christmas decor.  
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?  None really although coming off my meds meant I had mega migraines - definitely going back on them!!!
What were my accomplishments this month?  I took part in Shimelles 'Blogging for Scrapbookers' class.  I signed up for two other classes.
What were my disappointments this month?  I was very disappointed with SAIT and ended up cancelling my course with them.  Considering they are an 'Institute of Technology', their 'computer fundamentals' class is not Mac friendly!  I can't believe they would have a computing class that can not be completed with a Mac - and even if I missed out the first two windows-based modules and did the rest of the class on my Mac, they wouldn't let me take my exam on a mac!!!  My Tutor was totally useless and couldn't even answer basic questuions about this issue.  I ended up cancelling the course and this means I can't do the other classes that I REALLY wanted to do, because computer fundamentals is the pre-req course :(  Poo on YOU SAIT!!!
Anything else noteworthy to include?  Lloyd had time off in November and that was LOVELY....we are both excited about CHristmas - he was keen to buy the new tree and help decorate YESTERDAY - it's not even December yet!!!  :)  It has been a wonderfully close time with my gorgeous husband :)  I miss him terribly when he is at work.  
Related Posts with Thumbnails