Nov 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving...

Just a little Happy Thanksgiving message to those in the US or celebrating today!!  I hope you've had a wonderful day with your family and friends!

I've really enjoyed reading all the Thanksgiving posts on blogs today, seeing all the different ways people celebrate and decorate their homes......and reading all the things they are thankful for!

Whether you are in the US or not, what are YOU thankful for?

A short list of gratitudes from me tonight:

I am thankful for rain in November!!  Such warm temperatures and such a LONG Fall we have had this year!

I am thankful that we welcomed Kitty/ Boots into our home this year.  He is just the perfect kitten for our family - plenty of energy for playing with the children, but just LOVES to snuggle on your lap too - and he sits by the window and cries if the children go outside to play!  He is such a character and we all adore him - he is a good friend to Grayson too and they frequently snuggle up!

I am thankful for having a husband who is so thoughtful.  For the coffees he makes me each morning....for the phone calls I get throughout the day...the little love notes he leaves for me...the date nights....the bread he makes for me...the craft room he has made for me...for warming my feet every night and holding my hand as I go to sleep.  For everything he does, and says, and is.....I REALLY got lucky!!

For 5 healthy and happy (most of the time lol) kids....for the laughs they give us...for the hugs goodnight...for the 'I love you's'......

I am thankful for two new WONDERFUL sets of neighbours!!  I am so glad to have met them and have them as neighbours :)  One couple has a new baby coming into their family in the new year, and the other neighbours have a Son the same age as Susannah and she's an Avon lady :)

I am thankful for good friends who pester me to be a friend even when I feel like hibernating and being a recluse!!  They don't give up on me ;)

I am thankful for hot baths, good books, wine and chocolate.....and a cozy bed to climb in to after long days like today!!!  ;)
Related Posts with Thumbnails