Nov 4, 2009

Hump Day.....

Lloyd went in to work a little later today - so he stayed and had coffee with me.  This was nice as always except I couldn't drink much of my coffee this morning.  I didn't sleep well last night and was up much of the night feeling sick.  I took gravol for nausea and that has helped a little but hasn't got rid of it all.  Now I'm just left feeling tired on top of feeling sick.

I'm totally bummed because I was supposed to be having brunch with my friend Val this morning - she got back from Hawaii last week and I wanted to hear all about her trip and see her pictures...we've postponed until Friday.  I think we were both looking forward to getting together as it's been ages since we saw each other!  At least I HOPE Val was looking forward to seeing me ;)

Laurence went to work with Lloyd this morning.  Today is 'Take our kids to work day' - all grade 9 kids get to spend the day at work with a parent experiencing the work day with their parent.  I guess he COULD have spent the day at home with me and I could have got him to clean the toilets and kitchen floor and make Sam and Abigails lunch....but I think he'll find going downtown with Lloyd much more interesting ;)

When Chris went with Lloyd two years ago, they went out for lunch with IBM for a lunch meeting to a nice restaurant.  I told Lloyd to take Laurence to Lux as it was only fair - but Lloyd said no as there was no meeting and last time IBM was paying ;)  He said they could go to the food court in Telus Plaza lol!   So not fair - so I've been nagging him and saying he should take his Son out for lunch!!!  We'll see if he does or not!!!

So as for me - I am tempted to rip open one of the Christmas gifts I have already wrapped and let the kids watch a new dvd - keep them quiet for a little while - we can snuggle in bed and relax while I don't feel well.  I can do some of my coursework while they watch....I'll see how long I last before I resort to that!  It's early out today from school, so Susannah will be home nice and early which is good - hopefully I will feel better by then and we can at least go for a walk.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!
Related Posts with Thumbnails