Nov 23, 2009

New Asian Village - Sherwood Park.

Tonight Lloyd and I headed to the newly opened 'New Asian Village' restaurant in Sherwood Park.  It opened just over a week ago.

The new restaurant is very close to our favourite Indian restaurant - 'A Taste of India'.  The decor and style of the new restaurant is gorgeous!  the booths have curtains around them and seem very cozy and private.  There is a roaring fire in the centre of the restaurant, and the food in the buffet is displayed well - much better than the way the buffet is done at the Sask Drive restaurant.

I really liked the atmosphere of the new restaurant BUT I still prefer the food at A Taste of India.  I like the service at A Taste of India - I like that they know us, that we get personal service - I like the cozy, comfortable atmosphere there....but mainly I just prefer the food there.

Lloyd did like New Asian Village though and so we will alternate between the two - I LOVE the naan breads at A Taste of India, and the desserts are better I think.  I like the buffet foods there too - although I don't like butter chicken at either of these restaurants - I MUCH prefer Joey Tomatoes/ Globals butter chicken!!!  (And Lloyds at home lol).

All in all though I think this restaurant is a GREAT addition to Sherwood Park.  We need more restaurant choices here in the Park as they all get soooooo busy!  It's in a great location too :)  I just really hope they don't put my favourite restaurant out of business because to me A Taste of India will always come first!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails