Nov 10, 2009

Trying something new.....






I watched a show on Viva this morning about cooking curries, and they made a recipe for Samosas.....they sounded amazingly simple and something I will definitely make at Christmas as Lloyd loves them!!  However the mixture they put inside sounded soooooo yummy that I thought I would whip some up for dinner.  I thought it would be amazing in a pie!!

It's frozen hashbrowns and peas (I used mixed vegetables)  cooked in onions and spices (Garam Masala, Cumin, Turmeric, curry powder, cinnamon etc etc).  The smells and colours were amazing!  I tipped it all in to a pastried pie dish, topped with more pastry and brushed it with egg.

I baked it at 400 for about half an hour or so until the pie shell was golden - and then I switched the oven off and left it in there until the mashed potato and beans were ready.

It was a big hit and I've already been asked to make it again :)

Tomorrow: beef stew, with red wine and parsnips in it.  We're making 'Jools favourite stew' from Jamie Oliver!!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails