Jan 6, 2010

The last day....and a completed album....



Apart from a few loose ends to tie up....an inside front cover to decorate and a few extra embellishments to add (ribbons to the book rings and a few extra bits here and there), my JYC album is complete.

Today, being January 6th and Twelth Night, is the last day of this years Journal Your Christmas class.  I am so sad that I won't be getting any more daily Emails from Shimelle's each morning when I wake up - no more journal prompts - no more festive news.  The Holiday season really has ended.

Although my album didn't exactly follow Shimelles prompts , I have to say that joining her class is the best money I spent this Holiday Season!!!  It changed my Christmas!  Truly!!!

Firstly, because I was going to be taking part in the class it made me prepare EARLY for Christmas - I was ready in November.  I decorated early, shopped early and was planned and organized for events, teh class and activities as well as food and gifts.

As well as this, Shimelles prompts started on December 1st but discussion about them started in November on the forums.  All the talk about Christmas and everyones friendliness and festiveness just made me feel festive myself from the very beginning!!

Because I was creating my journal I wanted to DO more Christmasy activities and spend more time feeling festive and BEING festive - I attended more festive activities and did far more crafts and activities than normal with the children - our whole December and much of November was so Christmasy.

Shimelle's prompts gave us so much to talk about and think about as a family - and amongst friends - even though my friends may not have know where the conversations came from....

And perhaps most importantly....Shimelle's class has brought new people in to my life - new friends from far and wide who I would never have 'met' if it had not been for this wonderful class!

And now I have this lovely album to remember this Christmas by - it has a letter from Santa in it - hats from our crackers, jokes, receipts from days out.....photographs....lists of movies we watched....memories - precious memories!!!!

I have now taken two of Shimelle's classes and I can't WAIT to take another!!!  :)  Worth every penny!!!  If you have a chance to sign up for any of her classes then DO - really - you won't regret it!!  I can't wait to do JYC again December 2010!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails